Since Obama signed a bill in December 2015, which bans the use of plastic micro beads in all cosmetic formulations, big companies are scrambling to come up with an alternative. Micro beads are tiny beads of plastic that were used primarily in exfoliating products, particularly face washes. Unfortunately, these beads add to our already-polluted oceans, where even bigger pieces of plastic break down and become part of an island of plastic (the size of Texas), in the Pacific Ocean.
So I decided to create an exfoliating face wash, which does an even better job than the plastic beads, is healthier for your skin, and healthier for the planet. It is anti-bacterial, so great for anyone who is prone to breaking out, but also works for dry skins because of the oils that I’ve added. I am using jojoba pearls. These are tiny beads of hardened jojoba oil, which are not water soluble – so they will stay intact in your formulation. Jojoba pearls are perfect for gently exfoliating any skin type.
Ingredients for Cleanser
– 1/2 cup organic aloe vera gel // https://goo.gl/3HoxKd
– 1/2 cup peppermint Castille soap* // https://goo.gl/4C1K2q
– 1/3 cup Jojoba oil or Moringa Oil // https://goo.gl/ZV9n6h
– 1 tsp vegetable glycerin (health food store) // https://goo.gl/KXF68M
– 10 drops tea tree essential oil // https://goo.gl/Hdga9R
– 3 tsp green jojoba pearls // https://goo.gl/aCCNbP
*If you have super-sensitive skin, you may want to use the unscented Castille soap An 8-ounce glass pump bottle. I get mine from Mountain Rose Herbs. You can use either clear or opaque for this recipe. I chose clear because the green color of the product is so pretty, and I wanted to gift a couple of bottles.
1) Place all the ingredients except for the pearls in a blender. I just use my Magic Bullet, which is perfect because you only need a couple of pulses. Do not blend too much because it will become way too foamy! 2 seconds will do it.
2) Mix in the pearls.
3) Use a funnel to transfer to your pump dispenser.
Storage & Use
I recommend keeping it in the fridge. Although the tea tree oil acts as a preservative, you still need to keep it in the fridge to make sure it’s preserved properly.
*The shelf life is up to one month in the fridge.
Shake well before using. Wet your fingers (I use it in the shower, so my face and body is already wet). Rub between fingers to create a gentle foam. Massage in circles all over your face, neck and chest. Rinse off with warm water. You can also use a warm terry face cloth to remove.
Have you done my 30-day Gorgeous for Good program yet? Order my new book on Amazon: http://goo.gl/HH1w8T
You can also subscribe to my channel – I post three videos each week!
Be sure to follow me on social media!!
Blog // http://bit.ly/1IbnU0R
Facebook // http://on.fb.me/1RIBRb4
Twitter // http://bit.ly/1Q5Rps4
Instagram // http://bit.ly/1If2kvo
Pinterest // http://bit.ly/1KCAd6N